Thursday, June 1, 2017

Day 3 - MCCBikeRide (Bakersfield to Tehachapi)



Well after a great night stay at Casa Malamma, we headed out bright and early at around 6:15 AM. I was joined by longtime MCC supporter/volunteer Kevin Malamma and he helped me pick the best route to Tehachapi. The weather was absolutely perfect. The sun was out but it was cool, which was nice considering I had about 5,000 feet of climbing on the day. I saw quite a bit of the Kern River, as water has been the theme of California this year. It is one of the most deadliest rivers around. I saw some frogs, hills and oil drills. It's hard to tell, but my first panoramic photo was taken on Panorama Dr. ( I couldn't resist). Way off in the distance are oil drills as Panorama overlooks the city of Oildale. I saw the Tehachapi Loop and you can read the monuments in my pictures below. It's a remarkable engineering accomplishment for the rail system. I even saw pro cyclists Cory Lockwood who happens to be a Tehachapi local. His weekly rides and climbing put my miles to shame lol. (I had to look him up too 😄)

Overall a great day! My body is feeling great and I haven't been cramping. I'm the right amount of tired and I expect to sleep well tonight. Tomorrow is a shorter day as I work my way over to Palmdale. Thank you for reading and if you'd like to donate to the cause that I'm riding for, you can visit the link below:

https://donate.mcc.org/registry/carlos-cardenas-guatemala-livelihoods

















No comments:

Post a Comment