Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Day 2 - MCCBikeRide (Delano to Bakersfield)



The biggest surprise of the day was rain. It was nice to have the cooler weather, since, as of last week, we were expecting everything to be in the 90's. I guess that's what I get for jokingly praying for rain yesterday. Today was a short ride of 39 miles (feels strange to categorize 39 miles as short).  I tried to push myself to go fast since the weather was cooler and the distance was shorter. i was able to average 20 mph, despite the rain, getting lost and taking a couple photo breaks. Nothing too exciting today, just a lot of wide open rode and different fruit crops. I can't get over how perfectly placed each of these trees are. The roads out here are in really good shape. It's a weird experience to ride in complete silence for miles, but it was very peaceful. I hardly saw any cars. We'll probably do something fun with the kids this afternoon. Thank you for reading.

To donate, visit: https://donate.mcc.org/registry/carlos-cardenas-guatemala-livelihoods







No comments:

Post a Comment