Tuesday, May 23, 2017

1 Week To Go

Well it's been a several weeks since my last post, but things are going well. I've been averaging just under 200 mile/week and commuting twice a week from Ontario to Santa Ana round-trip and I've lost 20 lbs.

My wife has been amazing! My commute days typically involve me leaving the house around 5:00 AM and getting home around 8:30 PM. While my sacrifice involves training and riding my bike, my wife and kids have been missing me a lot and they have sacrificed their time with me for this cause. Their support has been crucial to making this bike ride possible.

I have a few photos to share below from some of my bike rides over the past few weeks. I've seen my share of beautiful sunrises and sunsets and road kill :P. I was able to go mountain biking with my boys and I also set up one of my bikes to tag along with my two youngest kids. I road up to Mount Baldy Village one afternoon. Recently I got to see the pro cyclists in Stage 5 of the Tour of California. It was a great day and I even got to see the basketball legend Bill Walton on a bicycle as a spectator at the event. Apparently he's a cycling fan. You can see in the photo how tall he is with his custom sized bike.

Lastly, I'll be making posts for each day of my ride. Donations can still be made up to my last day of riding. To date, between my donation page and the MCC Upland Auction, I've been able to raise $7,400. Thank you everyone for your support and encouraging words.

https://donate.mcc.org/registry/carlos-cardenas-guatemala-livelihoods



















1 comment:

  1. Go Carlos!! You can do it! The Semeczko's proudly cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete