Friday, June 2, 2017

Day 4 - MCCBikeRide (Tehachapi to Palmdale)



Theme of the day was heat. I missed my turn to get out of Tehachapi, so I added about 7 miles to my day. I was riding quite a bit with a headwind. I had 1 stop for lunch with the family. I'd probably choose a different way through Lancaster next time. Was a great day considering the heat and the headwind. I feel good and hopefully ready for my toughest day yet. I will most likely be climbing about 5,000 feet with a 80 mile ride. We'll probably drive through tonight to scout out the road conditions of 138. My highlight of the day was when I starting seeing some California Poppies just south of the 58 on Tehachapi Willow Springs Road. Thank you for reading and if you'd like to donate to the cause that I'm riding for, you can visit the link below:

https://donate.mcc.org/registry/carlos-cardenas-guatemala-livelihoods













No comments:

Post a Comment