Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Training

Our first day of riding in Kellogg, ID will be on Monday, 7/30/2018. Training this year has gone well. My endurance on the bike is getting better and so far this year I've logged 3,369 miles and since June I've averaged 183 miles/week. Most of those miles have been commuting to and from work. This last Saturday I rode 75 miles with just water and 1 banana. I planned on being better prepared, but I slept in and didn't have time to have breakfast and coffee in the morning. Fortunately I felt great and I'm feeling really good for next weeks challenge. When it comes to endurance my main goal is to be comfortable sitting on the bike for a long period of time and I think I've accomplished that. The West Coast MCC Bike Ride 2018 will be approximately 261 miles over the 5 days. Here is the schedule for each day:

Day 1 - Monday, Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes east from Kellogg to Mullen. 46 miles total
Day 2 - Tuesday, Spokane River Centennial Trail, from Post Falls to Spokane downtown Riverfront Park. 50 miles total   
Day 3 - Wednesday, Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes west from Kellogg to Harrison. 72 miles total with optional century day, 100 miles.
Day 4 - Thursday, Route of the Hiawatha.  Crown Jewel of all Rails to Trail in the US with gorgeous scenery. 9 tunnels, Packed gravel road surface. 30 miles total
Day 5 - Friday, Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes from Harrison to Plummer. 35 miles total

I'm planning to post some photos for each day. I've been told that it's really nice up there.

If you'd like to still donate, you can visit my donation page at https://donate.mcc.org/registry/carlos-cardenas-family-india-irrigation-crops

Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment